Re: [NTLK] Clear 110 on eBay

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sat Nov 23 2002 - 13:16:56 EST

on 22/11/02 21:40, Nancy Kilmer at equineicon_at_sisqtel.net wrote:

> Hey,
> Ive already got a 120, that needs power cord, stylus, AC adaptor,
> serial/USB cord, and stuff I dont even know about since I am a brand new
> Newtie.
> I also bought an eMate 300 with no power cord , AC adaptor or memory
> card and only one stylus (I would like to have some back up stylus, as
> well) . What accessories should I buy that that are compatible? Can I
> connect my eMate to my Mac G4 to download info? If so, what cord do I
> need? do I need to buy a back up battery? (I cant tell if it works
> because I have no power cord.)
> If you know where I can find any of the stuff listed above , please let
> me know.
> (and a 2100 on the way with all accessories, thank God!)
> By the way, I went on a Newton feeding frenzy last week and bought all
> my emate and newtons on ebay. So I am Newtied out from buying any more
> Newtons...what I REALLY need now are the darn accessories!
> I guess I got hypnotized about Newtons from the MacAddict article this
> month! But boy, I have a lot to learn!
> Happy Newting
> Nancy

The first thing to do when buying a Newton (besides subscribing to
NewtonTalk!) is to read the FAQ. Then, you can start asking for things not
covered in the FAQ or ambiguous.

The 9W adapter would be good for your 120 and eMate. You won't be able to
find a flash RAM card that you will be able to use in both. The 120 uses
cards that are 12v in writing and 12v in reading and the eMate uses 5v/5v. I
think that the eMate can read 12v, but it won't be able to write to them.
The 120 might also be able to read 5v (I doubt it), but it would certainly
be unable to write to them.

The other thing that you might be able to use in both of them is a modem
card. And the pen. That's pretty much it. You will be able to use Ethernet
or wireless cards in your eMate, but you won't be able to use them in your
120.

Again, start by reading the FAQ.

-Laurent.

fudge: 1. vt. To perform in an incomplete but marginally acceptable way, particularly with respect to the writing of a program. "I didn't feel like going through that pain and suffering, so I fudged it -- I'll fix it later." 2. n. The resulting code.