Re: [NTLK] Speed potential of 2X00 and eMate

From: Samuel Jacobson (jacobson98_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Nov 24 2002 - 15:39:51 EST

Hello all,

  I recently acquired an accelerated MessagePad 2100 and had a question. I
am just beginning to dabble in electronics and was wondering if the 5 MHz
crystal placed into an accelerated MessagePad 2X00 or an eMate is the
fastest type of crystal that can be implemented? I am aware of the
inability to use some of the aspects of the 2100 while accelerated, yet is
there a limit to the crystal type that can be used (size perhaps more than
composition or abilities)? While I feel 220 MHz is plenty for the
MessagePad, my main thought is for the eMate as I find it to be intolerably
slow.

  Thanks all.

Always,

Sam J.