[NTLK] 4 Questions

From: Andrew Thiel (aothiel_at_unity.ncsu.edu)
Date: Sun Oct 20 2002 - 11:12:51 EDT

I have a non-upgraded 2000 (1MB DRAM, 4MB Flash, and a 4MB flash card).

1. I have a battery tray w/ alkalines, and am wondering if it would
damage the power manager if I were to use my eMate charger to bypass the
batteries. I plug it in, and it says "adapter" (as opposed to the
eMate's "charging"), but also the battery bar moves up about 1/4 the
total distance. Is it still trying to charge my alkalines, and thus
potentially hurting itself?

2. I have loaded the Dragon Systems voice recognition demo (found on
unna.org) on my 2000, and when I press the "start" button it gives me
this: "Init Error: No space left for malloc". Does anyone know anything
about what I should do?

3. Does anyone know if PIXsolution (makers of implant 2000) are still in
business? If so, does anyone have any experiences to share about the
company's service and the quality of the implant? I want 220mhz, but
would rather not have to flip a switch in order to beam, sync, etc.

4. Here at the university there is 802.11b wireless access widely
available, but they use something called "Nomad" which is an
authentication system for getting an IP address. It requires SSL to
work. My theory is that I need one SSL-enabled program to get an IP
address, and then I'm home free to use any other net apps. Does anyone
know of *any* SSL enabled program I might use for this logging in?

Sorry to pester you all with so many questions!

Thanks,
-Andrew