Re: [NTLK] Newton Press X MacOS 9.1 ??

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 08:58:00 EST

on 28/10/02 08:36, Luiz Petroni at lpetroni_at_compassoarte.com.br wrote:

> I can create text books with no problems, but if I add an image to a file
> (be it empty or not) then NewtonPress quits immediatelly or quits on my next
> action.
>
> I'm using photoshop or graphic converter to prepare the images - they are
> all 4bit grayscale and I tested saving as .pict .eps .tiff with no success.
>
> At this point my installation of NewtonPress works pretty well with text but
> did not work at all with images. Is this a common issue?
>
> --lpetroni
>
>> I was able to create books under 9.2.2 with the latest version of
>> NewtonPress, 1.1. Is this what you have?
>>
>> -Laurent.

I did books made of pictures only, so I know it works. Before importing the
picture, make sure you change the picture type to grayscale (if you plan to
use the book on a 2x00 or eMate). Save it as PICT. Before launching
NewtonPress, make sure you allocate it enough memory. The more the better.

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>

firebottle n.obs.: A large, primitive, power-hungry active electrical device, similar in function to a FET but constructed out of glass, metal, and vacuum. Characterized by high cost, low density, low reliability, high-temperature operation, and high power dissipation. Sometimes mistakenly called a `tube' in the U.S. or a `valve' in England; another hackish term is glassfet.