[NTLK] PCMCIA storage card help & NIE 2.0 help plz

From: Paul Randall (info_at_paulrandall.co.uk)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 06:19:10 EST

Hi everyone.

NEED MORE STORAGE ON MY NEWT MP2000
Is there anyone there can tell me if you can use any PCMCIA storage
cards in Newton's. I have a newt 2000 and I could really do with more
storage. I have 4 x 1Mb cards which is not really very much storage
when you really get into using your newt.

PLZ HELP WITH NIE2.0
Also I am struggling to understand how to get my newton working on the
Internet.

I have a PowerMac 9500/200 connected to the newt via a serial
connetion. (I also have localtalk cabling if this is a better way to do
this).

I have a cable modem connected to the Mac using DHCP server.

I have installed NIE 2.0 and I am now stuck here.

I want to use the internet connection supplied by the cable modem to my
Mac over either serial or localtalk but I can't seem to figure out how
this is done.

Any clever bods out there that could tell me how this is done would be
appreciated.

Thanks loads

Paul Randall

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html