Re: [NTLK] Attn: Keepers of the FAQ

From: Troy V. Barkmeier (machead_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 09:35:12 EST

>You can ignore the -48807 error. Just tap the X, and proceed to use the
>ethernet card. I do it every day.
>
>Though I must admit originally I thought that the error meant the card
>wouldn't work too. (The secret is to go ahead and try anyways.

This was exactly my experience with my Farallon and 3Com twisted pair
cards, but neither of my wireless cards worked, probably because the card
slip with the "Setup" button never shows up. I tried to go around the
back way and configure the wireless through NIE and/or Owner Info, but it
was no go. After patching it, the card slip shows up, I can do the setup
there, and everything works great. YMMV, of course, and there is always
the issue that once you patch, it's very scary to go back...

TVB

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html