Re: [NTLK] need help w/deleting classroom applications on eMate, and more...

From: M. Kadison (m.kadison_at_mimarchitect.com)
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 15:48:19 PDT

Laurent,

I have what appears to be double (top/bottom) PCMCIA card slot that can
accomodate either a double thick card (like a compact hard drive), or only a
single card like a fax/modem or ethernet card at the bottom. Thus my only
path of memory upgrade is in conflict with any other pcmcia card, such as an
ethernet, fax/modem or compact hard drive card.

It is the info/memory where I discovered how much internal memory was left
after installing NIE2.0, eMate patch files, and NetHopper (NewtsCape is out
of question due to demanding more space). I think I did upgrade it to 2.1
as some of the dialog boxes were originally not available. I believe that
the earlier eMates were introduced with the 2K and had an OS that is one
generation older than the 2.1.

I will browse the Apple knowledgebase to see if indeed the eMates have only
one PCMCIA slot. If that is indeed true, I will more than likely abandon
the whole project.

Thanks again,

Matt