Re: [NTLK] 9-11-01

From: Patrick Jendraszak (indyibook_at_insightbb.com)
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 04:57:06 PDT

I certainly can understand that we all have different ways of
memorializing the lives that were lost one year ago today, as well as
those events, perhaps no less tragic, that affects each of us in even
more personal manners.

As I look for ways to commemorate the lives lost, not just one year ago
today, but in our efforts to eradicate terror since that time, I am
struck by the words of a letter, published in the Indianapolis Star
this past Sunday.

"Every war is a civil war. We are all brothers and sisters. If one
loses, we all lose.

"The United States is the most gifted nation in the world. It is our
challenge and burden to lead the world in the discovery of peace. We
have spent the past century reaching the sky and splitting the
unsplittable. Too much of this has been used for our destruction. It is
time to use our God-given creativity to work toward building
relationships throughout the world that make for unity and peace, and
toward healing the ones wounded by division. We have been given a mind,
heart and spirit within us that call us to be more than we are. We can
make peace. The way is written in our hearts.

"So what is one to do to commemorate Sept. 11? Anything that furthers
peace in our hearts, homes and beyond. Pray for the grace to forgive
and to walk humbly and justly before God and one another."

Patrick