[NTLK] [NTLK]Case Cracking from SER-001?

From: Dale Steele (dtsteele_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Apr 27 2003 - 20:15:31 PDT

My u2000 has developed a several inch long jagged crack on the
underside of its case starting under the edge of the case at the
SER-001. The crack wasn't there when I installed the unit some months
back and I've just noticed it recently. I haven't dropped or
otherwise stressed the unit as far as I know but I do carry it in an
unpadded case every day on the bus etc.

Has anyone else had this problem? More importantly, are there any
good tips to keep the crack from spreading farther or otherwise
causing significant damage to the unit? I've done a full backup
(partially successful like usual) to my 32 meg card and applied
electrical tape to hold the crack together for now. I do have a
backup unit but would rather not retire my trusty newton just yet...

Any advice out there?

Dale
p.s. I am not a heavy user of the SER-001.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html