Re: [NTLK] Few Q's bout emate.

From: Brian Mayton (bmayton_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 22:41:59 PST

On Wednesday, February 19, 2003, at 09:58 PM, Joshua Braddock wrote:

> I was wondering about the emate.. The two little brass connectors by
> the reset button, what are they for?

They were for a potential (I don't know, did one ever exist?)
third-party storage cart to be able to charge the battery through the
contacts.

> Also, what are the Bigger Brass screw holes for.. The one on the ac
> adapter i know is for international plugs.. But whats the one on the
> bottom..

AFAIK, the one on the bottom is just a tripod mount so you can put the
thing on a tripod and use it out in the field without a surface to put
it on...

> And the question that got me the moset was, in Prefs, it says
> microphone. When i go into it, it says i must have an external mic..
> Now, i was looking, and was wondering WHERE IS THE MIC

It's part of the interconnect port. Originally Apple had planned a
dongle with microphone jacks on it, but AFAIK, such dongles never saw
the light of day.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html