Re: [NTLK] About those Centennial Flash cards...

From: John Acuff (jacuff1_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 05:48:39 PST

On Wednesday, February 19, 2003, at 11:32 PM, Chad M. Riden wrote:

> I bought two Centennial cards off ebay a few days ago.. part
> numbers FL16M-20-11138-67. Should I expect these to work in a
> MP130?
>
> When I put them in, it asks me if I'd like to erase them and I do..
> but it gives me an error: "There is a problem with this card. (This
> memory card is write protected.)" The write protect switch was in
> the "off" position.. but I get the same error when I flip it to
> "on".

If those are the same cards that many of us here bought, the consensus
was that you could read them on a 120/130, but only write to them on a
2000/21000. I know I ran into the same thing as you when I tried to use
them in my 120 with OS 2. Tried the same things you did. with no luck.
Put the card in my 2100, and had no problem formatting and writing to
it. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.........
John

"Got Newt!"

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html