[NTLK] Bluetooth on Newt

From: Sonya Hipper (sonyalynn_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 09:35:19 PST

Hi all...

I realize this is a resurrection of an old topic, but with the recent (to me) revelation that someone was working on a free ObEx stack for IrDA/IrCOMM, I was just wondering how much effort it would be to add bluetooth functionality to that stack.

When doing a search on "bluetooth newton driver" on google, some further navigation from the http://www.rittners.de site (German newt affictionados...woo!) brought this up...

http://www.extendedsystems.com/ESI/Products/Wireless+Connectivity+Products/default.htm

Looks like someone's developing a pre-made OBEX stack for bluetooth and IrDA...does anyone with real coding knowledge know about this? Might it speed bluetooth exchange/sync tech to our fave portable platform?

Also, has anyone experimented with using a Bluetooth PC Card with an ATA driver? (Idea mentioned to me by kewl, newt-using--redundant, I know ;-)--co-worker...so thought I'd ask the list.)

I would LOVE to have these capabilities and wish I could contribute more than ardor and scant leads to the project. :-\

-Sonya

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html