[NTLK] [ANN] DCL PrelimBinaries 1.0

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 10:56:59 PST

Hi folks,

Nicolas Zinovieff, Michael Vacík and I are very pleased to announce
DCL PrelimBinaries.

These binaries exhibit some of the coolest features of the Desktop
Connection Library, our long-term project aimed at replacing Apple's
libraries and applications to connect to and transfer data with the
Newtons.

It includes:

- NewtonScript DTD that explains how to represent Newton data in XML
- NSOF to XML converter, a MacOS and MacOS X application to convert
data from the Newton format (in .nwt attachments for example) to XML
- Notes XSL to convert Newton Notes from abstract XML to readable
XHTML and an applescript droplet to easily use it
- Dock TCP/IP with ZeroConf support
- Delivery, a MacOS X package installer with AppleTalk and RendezVous

You'll find them on the official DCL home page:
http://www.kallisys.com/newton/dcl/

Of course, you can expect more from the DCL Group in the next weeks.

The DCL PrelimBinaries will of course be mentioned at tonight's
Paris' NUG meeting. This explains why I don't give more details in
this announce message, I don't want to be late at the NUG meeting ;)

Regards,

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/