Re: [NTLK] WIFI card

From: John Skinner (john_at_johnskinner.net)
Date: Thu Jul 10 2003 - 21:39:33 PDT

On 7/10/03 8:25 PM, "Caretech_at_rogers.com" <Caretech_at_rogers.com> wrote:
> I am interested in a wifi card that will provide full forward capacity..
> Is the Orinoco Gold with wep 128 the best for use with Snow airport and
> a completely MAC network and a wish to use it at WIFI starbuck sites.

Yes. This is a good card to use for all the situations you described above
(I think that it is exactly the same card that is inside the AirPort Base
Station!).

As far as providing "full forward capacity..", these cards are 802.11b cards
meaning that they have a transmission maximum of 11 Mbps (as apposed to the
the new AirPort Extreme which has a maximum transmission of 54 Mbps). But
they are still compatible with the new AirPort Extreme Base Stations!

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html