Re: [NTLK] Who else? Newtons and SF bike police

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jul 10 2003 - 22:02:36 PDT

About as long as "forever" is when regarding a Newton.

I have a 120 that sits on a shelf. Every once in a
while, I fire it up by plugging it in and it greets me
with everything that was on it when I shut it down
however many years ago that was...kinda makes me sad
in a "AI-the movie" kinda way...millions of years from
now, archialogists will dig up my Newt and fire it up
and the last note written is my eulogy of the
Newton...
It's preserved here in the webpage that I posted the
day that Jobs murdered the Newton.
http://www.intouchusa.com/newtonrip.html
I wrote this on my 120 (os 2 upgraded by Apple from os
1.3. This was a demo model from Apple) for posterity.
Ed
web/gadget guru
come and see my Newt on the web (well, mostly) at:
http://65.84.243.167

--- Michael Detlefsen <mdetlefsen_at_mac.com> wrote:

> owner info. How long
> will these things last before the stored items
> disappear?
>
> Mike
>
> --
> This is the NewtonTalk list -
> http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all inquiries
> List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms:
> http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html
> Official Newton FAQ:
> http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/

=====
"Liberals don't care about the environment. The core of environmentalism is a hatred for mankind. They want mass infanticide, zero population growth, reduced standards of living and vegetarianism. Most crucially, they want Americans to stop with their infernal deodorant use. "
 - Anne Coulter Op Ed piece on Global Warming