[NTLK] Palm Desktop -> Newton sync error

From: Gary Ritchie (gary_at_garyritchie.com)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 19:05:51 PDT

"The operation was not completed because the following error has
occured: Unable to access file. Verify that the file is closed, you
have enough disk space, and that the device is not write locked."
This is the error I receive when trying to sync my Newt to to either
the original Organizer file or a copy of my Palm organizer file in the
NCU folder. I have twiddled the type/creator codes to YSTM/JJJS. I also
quit all Palm related apps and made a duplicate of the data files in
the Finder.

I am using Mac OS 10.2.6 with a Newton 2100, Palm Desktop 4.0.
NewtWorks, packages, email, web, all sync fine on my Newt. All I need
to do now is sync my calendar (& to-dos would be nice as well.)

Any help would be appreciate for this Newt Newb. Thanks!

(Tried NewtSync, works great with Addressbook.app but iCal still has
the 'hour-off' bug :-(

http://www.garyritchie.com

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html