[NTLK] Virus warning: GEM Enterprises

From: Tony Kan (tony.kan_at_clear.net.nz)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 14:34:28 PDT

Ages ago I bought a 2100 from them and as a part of the offer, they kindly
supplied a CD with some Newton Software on it. While looking for Newton
Press recently I remembered this CD, dug it out, copied the zip files to my
PC and tried to install it. This is the message that my anti-virus software
posted.
Date: 7/31/2003, Time: 1:43:56, Administrator on KAN-001
The file
D:\Downloads\Newton\Utilities\Newton Press\PRESS11\INSTALL\SETUP.EXE
is infected with the W95.Hybris.worm virus.
Unable to repair this file.

Hope this helps somebody else.

Cheers
Tony.

PO Box 33-200
106 Panorama Rd
Sumner
Christchurch
New Zealand
Ph +64-25-339-745
Fax +64-3-326-7712

PS Thanks for the message that pointed to the right folder in UNNA where I
was able to download Newton Press v 1.1

It's a reseller pretty much like J&K. The full name is actually GEM
Enterprises. They are also on eBay...

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html