Re: [NTLK] New Apple Filing: Newton Patent!

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Tue Jun 17 2003 - 02:14:46 PDT

>Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 21:13:12 -0400
>From: Mark <markr13_at_comcast.net>

><http://www.macobserver.com/columns/devilsadvocate/2003/20030616.shtml>
>
>A recent patent filing by Apple is discussed:
>
>"Apple Files For New Multiple "Persona" Patent For Use In PDA's"
>
>Let the games begin........

 From the patent description:

[0092] It should be understood that the multiple personas provided in
the computer system are extensible. That is, they can have additional
parameter values added as appropriate for any new application. For
example, suppose that a developer provides a new pizza ordering
application. For one persona, such as a boy scout leader persona,
multiple pizzas of various types are always ordered, while for a
different persona, such as the private citizen persona, only a single
pizza is ordered. The personas of the computer system could be
extended to include this pizza ordering information to accommodate
the new application.

Wayyyy! Finally I see the true purpose of the digital hub, to get the
right pizza! *g*
No, truely, this is nice. The patent mentions several things not
officially implemented into the Newton, such as miniature HDs, the
general form factor of the 130 has always been my favourite (just
needs a bigger, higher res screen), I would not cry over seeing such
an "old" design reintroduced.

Ho ho ho ho ho...

Oliver :)

--
Talking about talking names, who might be the target group for a
product called "Longhorn"?