Re: [NTLK] OT: Dictatorial Powers

From: Chip Matteson (chip_at_moonlightphoto.net)
Date: Thu Jun 19 2003 - 12:56:52 PDT

We nearly got that in Texas last month when the Republicans tried to
Jerrymander out the Democrats. The Democrats actually had to go to Oklahoma
to squash the quorum on redistricting. The Republican Governor, Rick Perry,
sent the Texas Rangers to bring them back. Texas Rangers do not have
jursdiciton in OK.

It was also reported that Tom Delay, US house Republican, used the special
powers granted to fight terrorism to get the Democrats out of Oklahoma.

Land of the free!

--
Chip Matteson
Moonlight Photographics