Re: [NTLK] More about my wlan/appletalk trouble...

From: Gert Menke (g.menke_at_gmx.net)
Date: Fri Jun 20 2003 - 11:43:16 PDT

Hi,

> Maybe the two drivers are encapsulating the appletalk slightly
> differently... Seems like the wireless card is doing a better job
> actually, since it is Appletalk over ethernet.
Well, at least the wired card works at all...

> I have never had an issue with the card's firmware, even though I have
> used VERY old cards...
Okay, but updating the firmware probably won't hurt either.
Except that I'll have to back up my notebook, install Windows on it, and
restore Linux after updating the firmware. :-/

> I think it's your router that is unable/unwilling to handle the
> Appletalk routing....
I still hope it's not the router. The very same router _can_ route Appletalk
correctly over wired connections. Do you really think the router breaks some
of the packets selectively? Sounds strange to me.

> PS It's always the router in my experience...
:-(

Regards,
Gert

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html