Re: [NTLK] (No Content-type: text/plain

From: Patrick Jendraszak (indyibook_at_insightbb.com)
Date: Thu Jun 26 2003 - 04:22:54 PDT

Sebastian:
You may want to try looking at the FAQ hosted by many different Newton
sites. I usually check "www.thisoldnewt.com". According to that,

[From Helmut Fischer]: To connect MP and external modem, use a standard
Apple Macintosh modem cable. Works on all MPs I have tried (120, 130,
2100).

For internal modems, there is a complete list maintained by Len Lutz
lenlutz_at_dca.net at:
http://www.dca.net/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/lenlutz/newton.cgi
DNUG maintains a list of drivers and scripts: [dead link]
http://www.dnug.dk/info/modems.html
To make a modem script, you can use the sample code provided by Apple,
Modem Setup (latest version is 2), which you can find on UNNA.

I hope that this helps.

Patrick Jendraszak

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html