Re: [NTLK] Can't connect via Belkin USB/serial adapter

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 10:25:39 PST

On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 08:28:44AM +0000, Ian Moffatt wrote:
> So am I sort of (9.2 and 10.2.4 ) and thru an Entrega hub. A couple of
> times when it won't connect I just pull out the Belkin and put it back!
>
> I'm not sure if it makes any difference but it's plugged into the hub
> nearest the power lead.
>
> Just tried it and OK.
>
> In NCU Preferences I have 'Listen for Newton device on'
> AppleTalk
> Serial on USB
>
> Both boxes checked.
>
> I have a habit of turning AppleTalk off so I keep having to go back and
> reset it. Does changing your AppleTalk settings work?

Does this work? I'd have thought that the USB adaptor would have
identified itself as RS-232 rather than the RS-422 that Appletalk
expects on the serial port. Learn something new every day....

--
64. I will see a competent psychiatrist and get cured of all extremely
    unusual phobias and bizarre compulsive habits which could prove to