[NTLK] NewtTest Icon contest

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Tue Mar 11 2003 - 14:07:30 PST

Hi all,

povided this mail hasn't overtaken the one in which I announced
NewtTest a moment ago, you should be aware by now that there's
a new Newton hardware test application around.

I am admittedly a fairly poor NewtonScript programmer (I wouldn't
be writing this if it weren't for patient people like Paul
Guyot and Steve Weyer), but one thing I am even worse at is
designing application icons (you know, the one that is in the
Extras drawer).

This is why I intend to start an icon contest. There's nothing
to win except eternal fame, but at least I will publish every
contribution on the NewtTest web page along with the author's
url, and I will add the same information to the credits
section of NewtTest that will be available as of the next
version. Provided, of course, that the author
consents to my doing so.
If you send contributions, please let me know if I may do
this.

Special thanks to Otto Sohn for sending the first contribution.
Before he sent it, the NewtTest symbol in the Extras drawer was
what the Newton ToolKit automatically uses if you don't tell it
to use something else. Which is about the most ugly icon ever
invented...

You won't be able to send attachments from the web pages mentioned
below. My daily need of spam being more than fulfilled, I do not
publish my real email address on my web site anymore. But, of course,
you as a NewtonTalk member can send attachments
to the address this message came from.

Please see http://www.pda-soft.de/newttest.html (English page) or
http://www.pda-soft.de/ge_newttest.html (German page) for details.

Frank