Re: [NTLK] Soybo

From: John Acuff (jacuff1_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Mar 30 2003 - 14:20:46 PST

On Sunday, March 30, 2003, at 03:16 PM, Chris Searles wrote:

> on 30.03.2003 18:48 Uhr, Daedalus at daedalus_at_digitalinkwell.net typed
> vigorously:
>
>> If you really sit and think about it for awhile, you begin
>> to realize what a powerful tool this has the potential to be. What
>> applications on your home computer would be useful for you to access
>> while on the road with your Newton/Palm/cell phone/laptop?
>
> I've thought about it and have yet to think of one. What good, for
> example,
> is running an iTunes playlist on my home computer if I'm not there to
> listen
> to it...?
>
> chris searles

I see an answer to something that's bugged me for a long time. I like
the idea of being able to read my email on any of my other machines any
time I want to. My "main use" computer is in the house, but I am often
down in my shop when I would like to check my email. Since my main
system is online all the time and set to download my email
automatically, the only way I could read it on my other systems was to
leave it on the server. With the volume of mail I get, and the small
amount of time I get in front of the computer, this would be a real
PITA. I've been trying to figure out a way to access my mail on this
machine from my others whenever I want to, and this looks like just the
ticket.
John

"Got Newt!"

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html