Re: [NTLK] iPod mutates - and a question

From: Jack Skoda (jskoda_at_skoda.com)
Date: Thu May 01 2003 - 06:34:49 PDT

On Thursday, May 1, 2003, at 09:14 US/Eastern, Hans Derycke wrote:

> I have a 5GB iPod, and all my songs are ripped at the standard iTunes
> rate, which is 160kb/s I believe. There are 1,008 songs on my iPod,
> taking up 4.6GB.

I have the 10G iPod, with a 160 rate for most things and a couple
audible
books (at much lower rate)

I'll use this OT tangent to ask a question of other iPod users: What
is the
largest/longest single file you have tried to listen to on your iPod.
I purchased
the unabridged version of "The Influence of Seapower on History" which
is a
140M file (38 hours and 33 minutes.) My iPod won't play it. All the
other
audible files play fine, even another 140M file, "Silent Running" is
10 hours 13 minutes at 140M file size and that plays fine.

Has anyone else on the list found a file that's too long to play on the
iPod?

// Jack Skoda <jskoda_at_skoda.com>
// The rest of the world is three drinks behind.
// --Humprey Bogart

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html