Re: [NTLK] OT list etc

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_jameswhale.com)
Date: Sat May 10 2003 - 22:02:22 PDT

"Russ Bravo" <russbravo_at_lineone.net> bravely intoned:

> On the subject of off-topic discussion, I'd suggest the excellent
> Digest
> Viewer. I couldn't cope with NewtonTalk without handling it as a
> digest. I
> still find that only 10-20% of the traffic actually interests me -
> either is
> Newton-related on something that might be an issue for me at the time
> I read
> it, or off-topic on something I either know or care about.

Thanks for saying that, Russ. I too rely heavily on Matthew
Hershberger's Digest Viewer (X in my case) to make sense of Newtontalk
and other mailing lists to which I subscribe. Perhaps this is why I am
tolerant of off-topic postings -- if I'm really bored with the thread I
just hit the right-arrow key and the next threads pops up.
Unfortunately, Matthew's mac.com account seems to have died when they
went to for-pay only, and I can't find any reference to a new Web page
for him. Abandonware strikes OSX?

-Jeremy

-
Jeremy Bond SHEPHERD | Doubt is not a pleasant condition,
San Francisco, CA | but certainty is absurd.
jbond_at_jameswhale.com | -- Voltaire
Phone: 415-929-0297 |
AIM: jeremybondsf |
PGP key available on public keyservers.