Re: [NTLK] Newton Modem List: Most current? - Analogue/ISDN cards?

From: Daniel Padilla (dproldan_at_telefonica.net)
Date: Sun Nov 02 2003 - 09:06:50 PST

>*** Are there any more current Modem Lists that I have missed? ***

    I don't think there is. You'll find lots of random information about
modems in the list archives.

>*** Maybe you have some more current information on PCMCIA modems, maybe
>even about analogue/ISDN cards. Also interesting: external analogue/ISDN
>modems and any combination of either ISDN or analogue with mobile
telephony.
>It'd be very interesting to hear what card, drivers, modem scripts you are
>using, so pls. let us know. ***

    As far as I know, most ISDN cards are like WinModems, they're just
adaptors that use the computers they're conected to take care of all the
communications stuff. The newton would need a special driver to use them,
a very complicated one, IMHO.

    On the other hand, most PCMCIA modems will work fine with the newton.
What's your idea? If you want to buy a modem, get one of those cheap 33600
or 28800 from a known brand and you'll have no problems.

Daniel

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html