Re: [NTLK] Syncing NewtWorks in MacOSX

From: irfon_at_ambienautica.com
Date: Mon Nov 10 2003 - 05:59:11 PST

Robert Benschop <rbenschop_at_euronet.nl> wrote:
> AppleTalk should be supported in Classic AFAIK, did you
> check the AppleTalk control panel and the settings in
> the Chooser?

Neither the AppleTalk contol panel nor the Chooser work in Classic, as
far as I can recall (for sure not the AppleTalk control panel -- I'm
less sure of the Chooser and I'm not in front of my Mac at the
moment). I've not checked to see what happens if I boot into OS9 and
set up AppleTalk then reboot and try to use it in Classic. I'll try to
find the network card that I have for the eMate and give it a shot.

For those of you who are actively using NCU in Classic, what interface
are you using? AT through a network card? USB serial port? The
GeeThree people got back to me and said that their product can't be
made to work through Classic -- it's real OSX or real OS9 only.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html