Re: [NTLK] A Newton Replacement: facts

From: doppler (roman_at_pixell.net)
Date: Mon Oct 06 2003 - 15:24:38 PDT

03-10-05 18.30, skrev newtontalk_at_newtontalk.netnewtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
följande:

> In order to counter that last statement/question, I'd like to ask the
> following: in which way do the new PDA's of this world not compare with our
> Newton. IOW: what do you do with your Newton you can't do with other PDA's ?

here are my pro bullets:

1) battery time
2) reading on the screen is actually bearable on the newt
3) i like the simplicity of the GUI
4) the tight integration of apps
5) the spirit, enthousiasm and devotion in the community

heres why im always thinking of giving up the newt:

1) there is no MS word plug for newton works
2) i cannot scan for open WLAN networks
3) it takes time to hold the newt in trim, sometimes i wonder if it would be
more efficient to just use pen and paper, even though im an old newton
user...
4) the amount of spam i get makes it a nightmare everytime i POP my mail

however, none of the giving up reasons will make me change platform. ive got
three MP2x00 here, so i think ill be around for a while...

/ ®

                      roman pixell

_________karmatic_experience_group__

         mailto: roman_at_pixell.net