Re: [NTLK] New Newton Owner

From: Rick Ludwig (bensisko_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Oct 18 2003 - 20:00:33 PDT

First off, welcome back!!
Second: On the battery issue. Yes, indeed, the sled is meant for AA
batteries (4). I would reccommend you use Energizer's Photo Lithium
batteries. They are about $10 for 4, but they will last months (even
with keyboard and backlight!). If you connect the Newton to the AC
adaptor while you are at your desk, and just use the batteries for
'field work' and home use, then a set of the aformentioned batteries
will last you a good long time. You could get a rechargeable battery,
which, if you figure on being able to recharge your Newton every other
day, would probably save you money. Since the Newton won't delete your
data every time you run out of a charge, this is not really a concern.
I always admired the Newton for being the best PDA (ever, including
modern players) for 'field' use (being away from a power outlet or
power source for an extended period of time).

-Rick

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html