Re: [NTLK] [OT] 2001 WAS: newtontalk Digest V4 #203

From: Nicolas Krizan (nico_at_mbox309.swipnet.se)
Date: Thu Apr 08 2004 - 11:27:20 PDT

>scotty technoir skrev:

>another good example is Nosferatu, the 70s dracula flick. i love how
>they portrayed the Black Plague: ultra-slo speed pans of filthy
>corpse-littered courtyards! brilliant!!!

Absolutely! Werner Herzog is a true master. My favourites are Herz aus
Glass, Aguirre and Nosferatu. I don't know the english titles.

And by the way, the original black and white silent Nosferatu is not bad
either.

>another thing that comes to mind is the famous [dammit forget who did
>it] painting of an all-white field with one orange square. i cannot
>help but get a kick out of stuff like that.

I believe there is also one with a white square on white background. This
kind of art doesn't give me any particular kicks but »smaken är som
röven, klöven« as we say in our part of Sweden. Which would translate
roughly to something like »taste is like the ass, divided«...

kind regards/nicolas