Re: [NTLK] Quote of the day

From: Andrei Chichak (acpmiedm_at_telusplanet.net)
Date: Mon Apr 19 2004 - 16:05:49 PDT

At 03:41 PM 4/19/2004, you wrote:
>Well, the DEC Alpha still owns that title.

Are you talking an AlphaServer or just the raw chip? I remember back in the
days when we were running a VAX-785, we managed to get ahold of one of the
"new" Micro-VAXs. The boss had no interest in having one under his desk
because "the bus is too narrow, it has bad bandwidth".

I would have to say that nobody would have a good indication of the owner
of that title. Unless you are a regular at the Hot Chips conference you
don't know what is even out there. It could be some oddball RS/6000, a Sun,
or a graphics processor sitting in a bus, or some lab beastie.

Andrei