Re: [NTLK] [ANN] 1984 for Newton

From: Tony Kan (tony.kan_at_clear.net.nz)
Date: Sun Apr 25 2004 - 16:19:50 PDT

It was written in 1948 (I understand he chose 84 because it was just the
last two digits transposed). Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a copyright
supposed to only last 50 years? I think I remember reading this as one of
the investment risks to purchasing Disney shares because the IP rights on
characters such as Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck were now exposed.

Warm regards

Tony Kan
Managing Director
Kan & Company Ltd