Re: [NTLK] Microsoft MN-520 WiFi card and Newton

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 23 2004 - 13:13:44 PDT

Martin Howard wrote:
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 12:51:42 -0700

>Kalisys' More WiFi Cards and (for the hell of it) the Lantern Patch,
>but the problem persisted. This in and of itself is not particularly
>surprising: the MN-520 is not listed among the supported cards

>support for this card to the Newton: The More WiFi Cards package is
>based upon the FreeBSD "wi" driver, which lists the Microsoft MN-520
>among the supported cards. Perhaps an updated version of either
>WaveLAN/IEEE or More WiFi Cards in the near future?

Martin,
Checking on Paul's site it lists all the cards that it recognizes. (I
believe) it does not show MS MN-520 - I could be mistaken so you might want
to double check.

Lantern Patch isn't needed unless the card's identification string of more
than 31 characters. Paul reminded me about this when I inquired about COMPAQ
WL110.

You should run the GetCardInfo, it allows one to extract the idenfitication
string of card inserted in the Newton and More WiFi Cards probably can be
extended to support more cards that would work with Hiroshi's driver. (as
paraphrased from Paul's site)

Sonny