Re: [NTLK] MP !20 - How to update

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sun Aug 29 2004 - 23:28:59 PDT

On Aug 30, 2004, at 4:28 AM, Yeoleman74_at_aol.com wrote:

> It is clear I can't upgrade to version 2 from version 1.3. However
> there is
> still the problem that I can Backup to my Mac but I cannot Restore to
> my MP. As
> soon as I go to connect the MP immediately starts another Backup to my
> Mac.

Yeah, that's because the software you are trying to use is for NOS 2.x
devices only. If you connect a 1.x device, it will do only one
thing--backup. This was done so that you could back up your 1.x Newton,
send it in to Apple to install the ROM update. When you got your Newton
back, you had full access to your backed up data, and could now access
all the features of the program. Of course, such a feature is
practically useless now. . .

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland