Re: [NTLK] newtsync adress sybcing problem

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sun Aug 29 2004 - 23:33:42 PDT

On Aug 30, 2004, at 8:15 AM, Ginger Garnitz wrote:

> I finally got try out NewtSync. I downloaded the latest version from
> source forge. Everything installed nicely. And it's working for
> everything except addressSync which keeps throwing errors about 1/4 of
> the way through the database.

You may have a corrupt entry in your Names database. The last time I
tried to sync with NewtSync, I had several. I gave up after the fifth
one. I couldn't figure out which entries were bad, as it would show
last good entry in the log, and I wasn't sure which entries were
breaking at some point. As I said, I found four of them...

Also, it is possible that your Address Book has bad data in it as well.

Let me correct myself. I say "corrupt" and "bad data" but it may just
be that NewtSync is running across something in your entries that it
doesn't know how to handle--accented character? odd formatting? I don't
know, but don't necessarily think it is a corruption. It may be rather
innocent, but NewtSync has never encountered it before, and doesn't
know how to handle it.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland