Re: [NTLK] OT: audio/voice conferencing on the internet

From: Joshua Johnston (joshua_at_bowdownbefore.us)
Date: Sun Feb 08 2004 - 02:05:28 PST

Sure I pay for those minutes, my plan for $79 a month comes with quite a
lot of them during the day, and includes "free" nights and weekends.
Yes, I'm still paying a lot of money for a cellphone monthly bill, but I
don't even have a land phone. With email, I spend far less than my 700
monthly "prime time" minutes, and never hit the cap before being charged
more. Except for some concerns about the cell towers being scragged or
something like that, I figure the cellular phone is far more capable
than land lines.

And I don't know what phones you're used to, but mine's an Audiovox 9500
from Verizon and the signal quality is very clear, to my ears at least.

Eventually we'll get the nice, clear, full-motion low-distortion
CD-quality audio people want from videoconferencing. But we don't need
it, what we have now in iChat is good enough for most people, I think.
Can't beat the price.