Re: [NTLK] OT: audio/voice conferencing on the internet

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Sun Feb 08 2004 - 02:19:54 PST

On 8-feb-04, at 11:05, Joshua Johnston wrote:
> And I don't know what phones you're used to, but mine's an Audiovox
> 9500
> from Verizon and the signal quality is very clear, to my ears at least.

Sony-Ericsson t68i, good sound quality for a mobile phone, switch the
same conversation to a landline and you'll notice the (huge)
difference.
Switch from landline to Squidcam and you'll have again such on increase
in sound quality.
Apart from being an audio freak (Integrated 845 SE and Reference Two
speakers from <http://www.newaudiofrontiers.com/>) there's also the
factor time.
Cell phone is o.k. for quick conversation, SquidCam is used for long
conferences... (otherwise even those 'free' minutes are gone fast too
;-)

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html