Re: [NTLK] Newtourage Problems

From: Dave Bellamy (dave_bellamy_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Feb 08 2004 - 02:16:13 PST

On 2/8/04 9:51 PM, "Berthe M. Willumsen" <bmw_at_biobase.dk> wrote:

> Yes, I experienced the same. I wrote DelCann about it, who explains
> it is a Panther issue, and sent meversion 0.7.3.
> However, Newtourage is a Classic application, and I have Keyspan
> Classic problems, see my post '[NTLK] Classic serial woes - was:
> Keyspan serial adpter', thus no date syncing yet......
> Berthe
>
>> Just downloaded Newtourage to try it as an alternative to nSync.
>> Unfortunately I have hit a little snag right from the start. Once I try and
>> connect to the Newt, the application comes up with an error message: "MSE
>> Engine failure". Has anyone else encountered such a problem or am I doing
>> something really dumb.
>>
>> I am connecting through a Keyspan serial adapter by the way if that helps.
>>
>> Dave

I am using version 0.7b2 of Newtourage on a Cube running OS10.2.8. I have
installed the drivers for the Keyspan adapter in OS9 only it is works well
using NCU under Classic. I have emailed Delcann and awaiting a response.
Perhaps I need to wait for the next iteration of Newtourage to cure whatever
bug I have encountered? I live in hope of syncing in the near future.

Dave

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html