Re: [NTLK] Internal Store Memory Management - help

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Sun Feb 08 2004 - 02:25:12 PST

On 8-feb-04, at 11:13, Berthe M. Willumsen wrote:
> So, any thoughts on how I should move things around to I can still
> access my information? I have a 4 Mb card where I have most apps with
> their associated files (am still working on filing Leverage files
> correctly), and a 10 MB card with my backup and books. That still has
> space, but I've been reluctant to put essential stuff on it because
> of the 4Mb limit initially imposed on card size. And it is the one I
> pull out when I want to use my ethernet card which I got to work
> yesterday (yey!! Three drivers.. .but only 2-3k each).

Don't worry about the 4 MB thing, have been using 32 MB cards forever
without any problem.
There are even people that store everything on their cards because
they're afraid that the internal memory will eventually wear out...

> And then, when I look at for instance Nethopper Cache, it uses some k
> on internal, some more on one of the cards and yet more on the second
> card. How is that controlled? I can delete all of that, but what
> happens next time I use Nethopper (although I use it very rarely)?

Deleting caches won't do you any harm, they're just that, caches...
NetHopper will make new ones next time.

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html