[NTLK] Consensus from ATA Users

From: David Deranian (deranian_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Feb 14 2004 - 08:24:58 PST

Hi All-

As a MP2100 user, I have accumulated a lot of great software and I have
notes stored in Notepad going back to my very first Newton at the end
of 1993. I have a 32 meg card in one slot and my D-Link 650 Wireless
card in other slot most of the time. My 32 meg card is getting pretty
full, and I was wondering what the consensus is from all you folks that
have been using Paul's ATA support for a while now?

Basically, I'm curious if most of you feel confident in using compact
flash cards in your Newtons, if there's any downside as compared to
linear flash cards? Does anyone have problems backing up their data
with NCU in Classic with larger capacity cards? Is there a
speed/performance hit? In short, I'd appreciate a "watch out for" from
you more experienced ATA users before I switch over. Thanks a bunch,
and hats off to all you developers out there that continue to make the
Newton the best PDA platform, years after it's so-called demise!

Regards,

--
David Deranian
Digital Arts & Sciences, Inc.