Re: [NTLK] OT Palm dropping support for mac

From: David M. Ensteness (denstene_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Feb 17 2004 - 09:14:11 PST

Uhm, I have a pretty high end stereo, and some very nice speakers ...
and I am not arguing with your "the tests are blind" thing, but a
digital replication is a digital replication. The music is 0s and 1s in
a particular order .... Very few people have 100% digital stereo setups
that they use each day, so this is really a moot point anyways as I
have a very hard time believing that the norm is to even be able to
notice anything different. But the dye of the disc tends to impact
lifespan, not quality of playback. I also am unclear how laser size
would impact it since the same amount of data is present on the copy as
the original.

David

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html