[NTLK] What the h...(Wireless:WEP vs NOT) help, please....

From: Berthe M. Willumsen (bmw_at_biobase.dk)
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 13:44:25 PST

All right - I've gotten a registration string from Hiroshi Noguchi
'cause I paid for the driver.

(I've been doing this and that prior to registration; semi.sucess,
but I want WEP and am confused about trial periods etc and assume
that if things don't work with WEP it is because of lack of
registration).

I use a Manual IP setting; not DHCP (some other time.....)

I add 'use WEP' in card settings; using hex string as found in
Airport Admin Utility:Base Station:quivalent network password...
I open Escale, go to prefs,' advanced'; set the password I have set
in Airport Admin when I set it for WEP.
In 'basic', TCP/IP - > Escale is 'listening for Newton device.....'
- On the Newt I open Dock: connect via TCP
and hit connect; I see: initialising, connecting... 'choose a
server': Nothing. Noone to chose. WHYyyy?

If I take WEP off (in the admin util and restart airport (ABS snow),
and take WEP off in the Newt) and do the excact same thing, my
computer shows up BEAUTIFULLY in the 'chose a server', I select it,
and on the computer, Escale is happy and wants to transfer things
(yes, yes) - as will the Newt with the 3 transfer, syncronize etc
icons...

NOW WHY THE h
What am I doing wrong with WEP??? Is it the password in Escale?
Should I put nothing? Should I put the Hex string rather that the
password??

help...., please....

--
Berthe