Re: [NTLK] Mail V "survey"

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 15:18:01 PST

On Feb 18, 2004, at 1:43 PM, mark wrote:

> Thanks for replying Alan,
>
> Alan Toops wrote:
>
>> Mail V works with my .mac account fine.
>
> OK, this is useful. I can send mail via .mac with Mail V, but I cannot
> receive mail.

Actually I do not send via .mac since they check the from address is a
.mac address (which it isn'
t always for me). I use my ISPs SMTP server.
> If I may ask, do you normally (assuming you "normally" do not use your
> Newt for email) run your mac.com as an IMAP account ?
Yes.
> Do you have a mailbox hierarchy on the server ?
I do on my own private server I have a folder called history which
contains messages in folder with years for names (ie 2003). This
doesn't seem to cause any problem as long as the TOTAL number of
folders isn't too great...
> Do you store messages on the server ? Do you have containers
> (folders) on the server which are also mailboxes ?
Yes, Yes.

> A lot of questions I know, but I suspect that my problems with Mail V
> has more to do with the mailbox hierarchy on my IMAP servers than
> anything else, so I am trying to gather supportive evidence.
Looks to me like it's a Total # of folders issue. I am going to
restructure my server and test...

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html