Re: [NTLK] help with Proxim Orinoco silver card?

From: Lallang_at_aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 20:39:34 PST

In a message dated 2/20/04 21:41:27, martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com writes:

> On Feb 20, 2004, at 2:35 PM, J.S.Dennison wrote:
>
> > hey, I just got a Proxim Orinoco silver card. I was wondering if anyone
> > knew how to get it to run off the drivers we have. It looks like it
> > should run, but so far, it doesn't light up and the newton doesn't
> > recognize it. with either drivers that should match this card.
> >
> Proxim?
>
> How old is that card?
>
> I know the older Lucent Wavelan/Orinoco Wavelan/Agere whatever does
> work. Don't remember Proxim being in the mix.
>
> If the card you have is NEW I'm afraid it doesn't work. This is not
> from personal exeprience with that card.  Just reports of no go.
>
> Marty

If I recall correctly, "Proxim" is the new brand name for "Farallon". FYI.

=====Message ends========
"lallang" is the Malay term for elephant grass that has silicate (and thus
razor-sharp) edges. Known in the USA as "cogon grass". Click on or cut and paste
this into your browser: http://www.nps.gov/plants/alien/fact/imcy1.htm to see
a picture.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html