Re: [NTLK] Can NCU be made to sync with Palm Desktop?

From: Berthe M. Willumsen (bmw_at_biobase.dk)
Date: Wed Feb 25 2004 - 13:57:11 PST

Well, it is not so simple, I fear....

First your questions:
Palm desktop directly within OSX.
I had an Organizer- file synced thru NCU (classic) and opened it
directly in the OSX running Palm desktop and it came up with updated
information.

However.....

As a scientist (and dilligent newtonian) I repeated it and now Palm
Desktop quits in the process. The kind of quitting that asks if I
want to submit a report to apple.

What I have tried:

In NCU I synced a Newton (with a few changed dates) to an old Claris
file. It has its old icon.
I tried:
Open Palm Desktop (always in OSX) open file - conversion rigmarole
(quite apealing, some flashing squares) - unexpected quits.
Tried quitting Classic and repeating open: same - quits.
Tried first opening in Claris Organized in Classic (it looks fine,
has the changes), I quit Organizor, start Palm Desktop, open - it
quits.
Total restart (old habits die slowly): repeat open: same - quits.

Each time a conversion file is left behind (540kb; Palm desktop file
size 736 kb), but it can neither be opened nor be imported.

BUT it worked once!! I must have done something which makes it accept
the file...... Or maybe I have corrupted the Palm Desktop application?

Suggestions, anyone??

Berthe
(time for bed...)
Denmark, MP2100