Re: [NTLK] [OT] Value of G4 System?

From: J.S.Dennison (jdennison_at_fidesnet.net)
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 12:36:34 PST

On Feb 26, 2004, at 8:03 PM, John M Powell wrote:
> 1) G4 - sticker on rear shows;
> 500 MHZ DP/2X 1M CACHE/256MB SDRAM/40 GB HD/DVD-RAM/56K MODEM/1000
> BT/KB
> (this system actually has 384mb RAM)
> 2) Also comes with ZipCD (usb), IMATION SuperDisk USB, and a Belken
> USB hub
> 3) MAC OS 9.0.4
> 4) Acrobat 4.0, Illustrator 8 & 9, InDesign 1.5, PageMaker 6.5.2,
> Photoshop
> 6, LiveMotion, Extensis Font Manager (8 & 9 I think), Fontographer
> 4.1.5,
> FreeHand 9.01, PageFlow 1.7.7, QuarkXPress 4.1 and probably a couple
> others
> in there somewhere... (note these all come with original install disks
> -
> previous owner bought whole new system/software).

if all of those apps truly are legal, you're probably talking AT LEAST
over 3 thou... and that's a deal.
I'd say add another 512 of ram to get more juice out of the system.
and if you can afford an upgrade/transition to OSX, you'll get a lot
more stability out of it... by far.
I believe those versions of Illustrator and Photoshop should already
have the OSX installers on the disks.
The DVD-RAM will only burn Data disks, so you'll want to find a good
drive to replace that to get normal DVD-Burns.

Definitely worth some web work,
If anything, it's another computer to have more fun with!
JSD <><
<>< Think Metanoia ><>