[NTLK] Other WiFi/Escale problems.

From: Bruce E. Durocher II (bedii_at_qwest.net)
Date: Fri Jan 23 2004 - 11:08:36 PST

        I managed to alter my settings for my Lucent Technologies Wavelan
Turbo Silver and can't get Escale to work with it again. My Newton
2100 Lucent WaveLAN/IEEE screen is set at Infrastructure, Channel 11
(ignored), Use Roaming and Power Management on. My Internet Setup is
DHCP Server, my Dock settings are TCP/IP, use ZeroConf. My 10.2.8
Powerbook is set at Using DHCP, Appletalk is Automatic, I have enabled
Appletalk in Directory Access, and my firewall is open at port 3679.
Yet, when I try to connect and after the Newton correctly sees the
Powerbook by asking for it as a server, I get "waiting for response"
for awhile and then "cannot reach the server." Any suggestions as to
what I might try next, outside of a serial cable? Thanks!

Bruce E. Durocher II
bedii_at_qwest.net

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html