[NTLK] Problems With Newton Press

From: Joel Pigdon (jtpigdon_at_students.latrobe.edu.au)
Date: Wed Jun 02 2004 - 05:21:53 PDT

Hi all,
I have been using newton press to make newtonbooks of my uni PDFS, by
copying and pasting text and copying and pasting images separately, I
am running 10.3 and using the preview app as my pdf viewer. My problem
is that Newton Press is notoriously unreliable. When I go to paste an
image it will crash 75% of the time, 50% of those 75% causes the
classic environment to crash. I have tried saving the images as EPS,
PICTS and MacPaint!!! and all of them have the same effect even when I
try to File->Add them to the book. I have made sure I gave the
application tons of ram (80meg) but it still does it, has anyone else
experianced this problem, it is baffling and irritating. any help would
be greatly appreciated
Joel