Re: [NTLK] [OT] iMac G3 Tech support / Buying advice

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Mon Jun 21 2004 - 09:51:26 PDT

Stanley wrote:
<snip>
I would appreciate any advise
<snip>
On Jun 21, 2004, at 6:27 AM, David Ensteness wrote:

> One last thing might be feature set, the 500MHz model has FireWire, the
> 350 does not. The video on the 500MHz is also a lot better (if it was
> in working condition).

I agree with all that David said, except to add that some of the 350Mhz
machines do in fact have firewire.

This is Definitely worth checking into first.

Also, the applications you list as wanting to run will run ok on the
350Mhz processor. I didn't really understand the description of the
video issue on the 500... Could you try describing that again? You
also might try booting the 500Mhz from a CD just to see if the video
issue might be the system software?

Marty